ARC Inside Home Collegewide Office of the Vice President of Instruction Scheduling & Enrollment
Class Schedule Development
The Vice President of Instruction supervises the preparation of the college class schedule for each term. The schedule is typically published online in late-March for the summer session and fall semester and in late-October for the spring semester.
The area deans, in consultation with faculty and department chairs, carry out the preliminary activities of schedule development. Factors considered in schedule-making are:
- District and college priority guidelines including student success and completion
- Review of past enrollment patterns and estimates of enrollments in various classes
- Balance of assignments cover day, evening, and center classes and to meet budget and FTE allocations
- Qualifications of faculty members in terms of preparation of interest in subject fields
- Number of preparations and formula hour loads
- Balance of hour assignments for faculty
- Availability of rooms and necessary facilities
The college will utilize a variety of software tools to meet student need/demand as well as to most efficiently use available resources.