Classified Professional Development Committee
Provide financial support to Classified Employees who seek to expand their professional development progress and growth in support of district and campus goals and objectives.
Membership Composition = Total 7
Permanent Classified Employees at American River College that have successfully passed the one year probationary period.
Classified Professional Development Committee Function:
- Review funding request applications and award funding for professional development, including conferences and workshops submitted by permanent classified employees.
- Encourage attendance at events of interest to classified employees in collaboration with Classified Senate, Center for Teaching and Learning, and other groups.
- Make recommendations regarding awards and award amounts with consideration given to established committee guidelines, procedures, and funding availability.
- Advertise classified professional development funding application procedures, availability, and deadlines.
- Maintain website with committee function, application guidelines, and evaluation information.