Whether creating a webpage or a flyer, it is important that American River College communicates using an attractive, professional, and consistent graphic identity. We have created style guidelines to ensure that all print and online materials visually define the college in a consistent manner that will be instantly recognizable.
These guidelines support and protect the image of the college. Official, approved college logos are available for download. To use ARC's logos and mascot for download, users must agree to the following:
- The ARC tree logo and lettering have registered trademark protection, so any use of these elements other than those described in the guidelines is prohibited, regardless of funding sources.
- Individuals, groups, and organizations – both on and off campus – seeking to produce and sell merchandise with trademarked ARC logo must have prior approval from the Community Relations Office.
- Third parties, entities, or organizations wishing to use ARC logos for any purpose must first request permission from the Community Relations Office.
The logo is available in multiple variations to ensure wide implementation in a variety of end uses and dimensions. The logo package contains color, black, white, and grayscale versions.
Download Entire Logo Package (10.2MB)
Downloaded logo packages contain full-color, black, and white versions. These color guidelines should be followed:
- Make sure there is enough contrast for the white logo on a color background.
- CMYK color logos are for print use (for example: printed flyers or posters).
- RGB color logos are for screen use (for example: email, web, or video).
- Grayscale logos are intended for black and white printing only.
Lockups and Specialty Logos
American River College is a proud partner of the Los Rios Community College District. Logo lockups are available in two orientations to ensure wide implementation in a variety of end uses and dimensions.
Custom area/program logos combine the stand-alone ARC tree symbol with the area or program name above the text "American River College." They provide brand consistency and are available by request.
A logo package will be provided for print and web use. The logo package will contain the following two folders:
- Print (300 dpi/.eps) – These files are high resolution for printed materials and can be submitted to an outside vendor for merchandise orders and inserted into documents for on campus printing.
- Screen (72-ppi/.png) – These are smaller files and are intended for use on the web and on-screen viewing.
Each folder also contains a standard and stacked logo set in black, white, and two full-color versions.
Submit a Marketing and Website Support Request to get a lockup for your department or program.
Off-Campus Center Logos
Off-campus center logos combine the ARC tree logo with the center name. They provide brand consistency and are available by request. A logo package will be provided for print and web use.
Submit a Marketing and Website Support Request to get an off-campus center logo.
ARC Athletics has two distinct logos and a logotype that are only for use by the department to market and promote its intercollegiate sports and events with only a few exceptions. These marks follow the same guidelines as the American River College logo and should be shown the same treatment and respect as they are a vital piece in our cohesive branding efforts.
Many college departments and programs have unique logos created to better help individualize them for marketing purposes. As a general rule, horizontal logos require lockup with the ARC horizontal logo and vertical logos with the ARC vertical logo.
Though they may contain unique graphic elements and font styling, these logos must follow this defined lockup format to create harmony across all ARC initiatives.
Submit a Marketing and Website Support Request to get a specialty lockup.
Logo Usage Guidelines
Our logo is the visual cornerstone of the brand. This guide should be followed to ensure correct use of the logo and its variations.
It is crucial to protect the space around the logo in order to retain its integrity and impact. The minimum clear space must be used and maintained throughout all college materials. Use the four brackets around the tree that form a square when measuring for the proper clear space. This measuring tool is always in relation to the size of the logo on the page.
Never reduce the logo to less than 1.5 inches for print materials and maintain 100-pixel width for any and all digital collateral. There is no maximum size limit but use discretion when sizing the logo.
- Print: Minimum 1.5 inches wide.
- Digital: Minimum 100 pixels wide.
The logo must be used with consistency in order to keep brand continuity and visual impact. Here are some examples of how not to use the logo.
The Community Relations Office can answer questions about the logo, colors, typography, or templates. We're here to help!
Additional Los Rios Branding
Check out branding resources for the other Los Rios colleges: